This is a book that will fulfill my posting for the October Canadian Book Review Challenge. It is a very spooky book. I won’t be trying any of Tom Nardone’s creations. However, I’m sure a lot of readers will.
After grossing out the nation with his previous book, Extreme Pumpkins, Tom’s outrageous collection of twisted Halloween creations, renegade pumpkin carver is back with a vengeance.
In this truly frightening sequel, he presents 20 new designs guaranteed to thrill trick-or-treaters and horrify respectable neighbours everywhere. The book contains the following page spreads:
- Problem child pumpkin
- Subliminal message pumpkin-this one is where mind control meets Halloween hijinks
- Suburban Nightmare Pumpkin-this one is sure to keep noisy neighbours away.
- Cro-Magnon Pumpkin–this is not just another pretty face to say the least
- Booger-Eating Pumpkin is designed to delight the adolescent boy in each of us
- Plus pranks, practical jokes, and over the top spectacles that will make you a neighbourhood legend, if you dare.
I found this book interesting and scary. I even jumped a few times when I turned the page, and dreamt of one creation a few nights after reading the book.
I recommend this book to everyone who loves Halloween and wants to enjoy the holiday in style. This is real style, if you ask me.